Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I do not know what to title this

The time is rushing. Rushing irreverently, like the cars I’m watching on the icy road. I could have slipped when I walked outside; before I did, I had already winced as I imagined the wind knocked from me, shock widening my features, my tush landing with a definite thump, slipping, sliding, bruising. I’d have probably grazed my fingers as I tried to grasp at the stone wall, or hit them flat out on a straight edge. Then I wouldn’t know whether to attempt to shake the pain from my fingers, lick the blood from their tips, or rub hard at my sore butt. But I’m certain my eyes would dart from side to side first. Were there any witnesses? Would there be a need to feign a breezy indifference to the pain? Ah, there is no one. It is dark. I can linger as I drag myself up. I can curse softly. I can dust the snow and sludge from my clothes. My embarrassment is private, soon I will forget it. But then you know…What if?
What if the embarrassment is not private? What if I have skidded on that icy patch and a merry crowd has followed me with their eyes? Can I stand their cruelty, their mocking laughs? Can I stand their pity, their disdain?
I cannot. My imagined pain pales when faced with the throbbing reality.

I trust that my metaphors are not lost on you. I have retrieved my posts and moved them here.
I owed you that.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAY!!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

My excitement was for the post. Uummm... Do take care.

Anonymous said...

Please don't take them from me again.

-Baz.

Emi's said...

I once slipped and fell on the path but the guys behind me were nice and threw in apologies and even helped me back on my feet and I forgot the pain in my hands soon. Yeah I shielded my fall with my hands & it hurt it could have been worse thanks to yoga.

Word Press!!

Anonymous said...

Words fail me...

Anonymous said...

Wooptydoo!!!

Woopty-freaking-doo!!!

Akiiki said...

we all fall. cliche i know but what really matters is the getting up. once we do get back up, we are good. pain and mockery our friends can help us through, and from what i see, you have many here.

i love the analogy. clever.

Carlo said...

There's a good little girl. I'm saving ALL your posts on my computer now just in case you pull another stunt like that one. I already started with Iwaya and a few other bloggers. No, I'm not a stalker, I just . . . I just . . . can't find an excuse so I'll back out now.

Robyn.K.Y said...

hey
yes you did.

Anonymous said...

Okay but it's still hard letting go

Anonymous said...

Hush now Princess....... dust it off, head held high walk on.

Glad to know u r still around

eizzy.k said...

co-sign with jasmines comment...
btw, so did you actully fall?
LoL

Why you moved to word press?

lulu said...

why were you leaving? what was happening princess?

eclecticsoul said...

the embarassment hurts more than the physical pain, but it ends, if you don't think about it.

Anonymous said...

Aww!! Looks like am the last one here..I remember one time i fell at uni, from the top stair to the last...I had a dress on.. and my new wooden wedge heels...
With my palms and bottom sore, i heard the receptionist say, 'eeh, they should look where they are going'...

sleek said...

My embarrassment is private, soon I will forget it...i have this feeling you can write about ANYTHING, even the mundane and make it...you know, you..i like

Samali Mudamuli Ntikita Ntikita said...

I know you wont see this in a long time but let me just comment. Gave you an Honest Scrap Award. Please check for instructions at mine. Thank you.